Friday, March 11, 2011

Sweet

Lately, I've been craving baking. Not baked goods per se, but just the experience and joy of baking. I find baking very soothing: you measure, you mix, you put the whole thing in the oven and forget about it, delicious smells fill your house, and, in no time at all, homemade vegan baked goods are yours!


These are white Russian cookies from The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur, which I scored at a Borders closing. Coffee, Kahlua, and chocolate in one cookie? Yes, please.


I made these cupcakes for my inner five-year-old girly girl. She thinks things like, "Coffee in cookies? Ewww!" and "Mommy, I want fluffy, pink frosting, and I want it now!" The recipes for golden vanilla cupcakes and raspberry buttercream come from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment